Saturday 26 October 2013

Food: Keong Saik Snacks. - Date down the colonial times.

At the national museum. 

It's Sunday again and i'm at home procrastinating to start work. 
decided that I should come on and write something. 
about my week maybe? or the week before? 

Last Weekend,
I granted myself a weekend of rest. 

1.The National Museum. 

Babe took me out for date night. 
and I brought him to one of my favorite place in Singapore - The National Museum. 
It is not my first trip down the History Gallery, probably the 4th since it's set up. 
the exhibits are the same
but every trip, ( and i am not kidding) 
is a brand new experience for me. 

We spent around 2 hours there? and we did not even complete a quarter of the exhibits. 
there's just too many stories to listen to, too many artefacts to view,
too many scenarios that I want to envision myself in. 
I just really love the place. The exterior and its beautiful lawn. 

Feedback: 

The best part of our museum is that it comes with a digital guide that you can carry around. Trust me. Half of the museum that I visited in DC. did not have such facilities and all the artefacts appears almost alien. The guide provides you with the history of the artefacts.  I just wish that they didn't change to the TAB? I couldn't last through 2 hours without the battery dying on me twice.  I mean I do appreciate that we can now view videos on the go, BUT I really do prefer the old device which even though was heavier but could last longer.

2. Keong Saik Snacks

First word: If you spend at Jamie Oliver, might as well spend it here:) 


Dinner was down at Keong Saik Snacks for some real simple British Foodfare. 

I won't go on and describe how great and popular the chefs are and where they hail from. You can read all about their goodness on the website. I'm just going to share with you my very genuine experience over there. ( pardon my photos, they were taken with my iphone under really dim lighting) 

Their menu is really simple with only a few specific dishes. I like that about restaurants actually. It shows how specialized they are and that they are good at what they do. 

1. Starters: Tuna Tartare + Skinny Fries. 


Starters: Tuna Tartare. I used to not like raw fish until I met B and I never looked back. 

Uncovering the tuna hidden beneath. Tuna meat were really fresh and sweet. We couldn't get enough of it

Skinny Fries with garlic aoli dip.  I absolutely LOVE this. It looks really simple ? But it tastes exceptionally good with/without the dip. I say, it is a must try when you are there. :)

2. Deep Fried Red Snapper with Duck Fat Chips. 

What's British Food without Fish n Chips? I like that they use Red Snapper as the choice of fish such that the fish remains really juicy? The Chips was cooked with Duck Fat. Nothing spectacular. Taste like normal fries. I totally just dig the skinny fries more. 

3. Lamp Chops with Shepherd Pie. 

His: Lamp Chops with Shepherd Pie. The Lamp Chops were done beautifully,much better than Jamie Oliver if I must say. The Shepherd pie was not really my kind of thing as Im not a great fan of mutton. But if you will look closely at the picture, reddish part are all the mutton meat. - THAT is  HOW tightly packed the pie is.  

4. Desserts: HOT Donuts. THIS IS A MUST TRY

This is my FAVORITE. It is a MUST TRY. HOT DONUTS. I absolutely love this. Hot fluffy donut with cinammon sugar served with caramel cream. What's really amazing is that when you spread the caramel onto the donut, it tastes more salty than sweet! Absolutely Delish! 

So fluffy!! 


and I guess that sums up yet another nice food trip.
an inconspicuous place 
that provides excellent service
and really good food, 

We spent: $100+ for the above.

TIP: Remember to call and make a reservation!  ( Ps: they have very good lunch deals too!) 

Words: 

[ Forgive the ignorant,
  the evil
  and the childish pricks.
  For god has her plans,
  and they'll learn
   as you did. :)  ]


No comments:

Post a Comment