Tuesday 15 October 2013

Food: Mitsuba by Yurine.

It is a tuesday night and it is raining outside.
I am feeling kind of unwell and I thought I'll share a little about our experience at Mitsuba by Yurine.
Mr. T and I visited the place by chance some two weeks back.
Our original intention was to have ramen at Marutama
However, for some reason we walked pass Mitsuba and thought we give it a try!
Neither did we realize that we were actually entering the latest project of Chef Peter, formerly from Wasabi Tei and Chikuwa Tei. ( I really can't wait to visit Chikuwa Tei soon. )

First Word:  Quality Japanese Food at Quality Prices.  

As we walked in we were served and greeted by a highly enthusiastic waiter and guess what I still remember his name! RED . 
After some deliberation, Mr. T and I decided to have the following:  

1. Bento ( I am terribly sorry that I forgot the exact name of this wonderful set meal) 

This simply delicious meal set us back around $48? but it's definitely value for money.  
There's raw tuna atop japanese rice. The seasoning is just right,  we absolutely love the spring onions mix in with the raw tuna place atop crispy seaweed and rice. ( Huge serving, we couldn't finish it! )  
chawanmushi with prawns, mushrooms and fish roe. 
3 x tempura prawns,
mixed sashimi ( salmon, the very sweet and tasty white tuna as well as sword fish.) 
The absolutely sweet rock melon sums up the meal perfectly. 

  

2. Gyoza. 

I can't stop raving about this gyoza.As I am writing this, I can still avidly remember its taste on my palate. It is very very well seasoned with pepper. Pan fried to perfection, and can be eaten both with/without pairing of the vinegar. 
                                 

so so so good that I can still remember how it taste like. 
                                          

3.Salmon maki. 


Despite its simplicity, you can taste the sweetness of the salmon in every mouth.Definitely value for money.
                                             
All in all we had a really pleasant dining experience at Mitsuba. 
At this moment I thought I will share something interesting. 
While waiting for our food to arrive, 
T and I noticed something peculiar. 

That the dining outlet is pretty quiet despite being filled with young people. 
Also, as our booth seat is located right in front of the chef, we wondered why are his brows perpetually furrowed. 
We decided to run a check online and that's when we realized we were right in front of his excellency Chef Peter and can't helped but feel totally in awe of him.
Bonus part? He gave us a smile as we leave that night. That apparently is pretty rare and T and I felt like little children being praised by our tutors. lol. 

All in all, Mitsuba by yurine is a place definitely worth visiting if you want like quality jap food in clarke quay. 
It serves quality japanese food without being exorbitant. 
It is quiet without being pretentious. 
I absolutely adore that - the ability to talk normally, laugh, be myself without feeling watched.
We definitely can't wait to be back!

Tip: Get a reservation and secure a seat by the window and totally just enjoy the amazing view of the river. 


Something to end off the night: 


source: weheartit.com
[ Often, we find ourselves at some form of cross roads,
unsure of our decisions,
feeling incompetent,
and all ready to just give up
and just accept that we are probably just not good enough.
it is just so easy to lose patience, throw in the towel, forget our passion, our aims and the future that we wanted to build.

well, you are not alone.
right now
it is a matter of choice whether you want to just keep trying, be brave and just up the challenge.
" Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but to be able to dance in the rain"
just remember to not wear slippery shoes or so my bff says. ]

nights all!

love,
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment