Sunday 13 October 2013

Staycation : Ascott Residences.

Hi everyone, we are so sorry for the pathetic lack of updates. Definitely something that we are not proud of.
Promise promise promise that we'll update more often. ( Keep your fingers crossed for us alright! ) 

While T and I have disappeared from these pages, we've been busy with our day job and not forgetting to reward ourselves from work!  

September was Mr. T's birthday and he specifically requested for us to revisit Ascott Residences. This is our 3rd stay there ever since we got together 2 years ago. We absolutely adore Ascott. Unlike Hotels, Ascott Residences comes with an accompanying kitchenette and that is precisely the reason why Mr. T requested for a staycation in Ascott. - so that I can cook for him!  

as we have been there many times, I only took a shot of the main entrance. excluding the well equipped kitchen, and their choice of toiletries . - they use L'occitaine!


1. First Word:  Definitely worthy of every penny.        


Ascott is just so conveniently located. It is just right outside Raffles Place Station. Fancy a view of the river? Marina Bay Sands is just across the road. Want to party? Butter Factory is just down the street.
Looking forward to some satay? : Lau Pat Sat is on your right. It also comes along with its own infinity pool,jacuzzi and gym on the rooftop.   How can you not love this place?                  

Our Groceries. Menu for the night: Roast Chicken, Granny Smith Duck Liver and Grilled Prawn Penne in tomato herb sauce.  

                                       
2. Some pictures of what I cooked that night: 


I went online to search for the best way to prepare foie gras. 
 However, Mr. T and I didn't managed to buy any foie gras suitable for the 2 of us and we settled happily for the duck liver. Seasoned lightly with black pepper and a little salt. 

I made a sauce using green apple and sweet onion.

I also separately pan fry a slice of the granny smith apple to serve as a base for the duck liver. 

                                    
                                     

                           
Final product! 
 I was quite apprehensive about using duck liver at first but it turned out really really good. What more it is cheaper too! :) 

I also prepared Roast Chicken. As Ascott come fully equipped with an Oven, I decided to try preparing a roast chicken. 

It turned out pretty well. It may not look the part, but the skin is crispy but the flesh is really tender. 

3. Recipe for Roast Chicken 


Here'show I did it: 

I marinated the chicken over night with soya sauce, ground pepper and some garlic.  

On the day itself, I sliced the thickest part of the chicken drumstick and stuffed the interior with thyme, garlic and lemon slices. 

I also rub some salt, black pepper and ground pepper on the exterior.  

Before placing it into the oven, 

I stir fry some onion and garlic to prepare a sauce to use as a base on the baking tray. Place the chicken atop the sauce and put it into the oven to roast at 200 degrees celcius for 1 hour. 

half way through, I remove the plate and baste the chicken. i.e. apply some butter on it. 

I mainly followed recipe on noobcook and adapted it for my own use:


                                      
                                

His : The absolutely delish 2 cheese penne in tomato herb sauce. 


We bought the sauce and penne  from Da Paolo. It works out really well! We originally intended to grill the tiger prawns, however the prawn went bad :( and so we made this instead!  

It's light without being boring. I cleared the plate, if you must know! 
                     

I guess that pretty much sums up our little adventure at Ascott, again. 
What else did we do that night? 
We went for a walk at MBS, had satay for supper, and caught a movie in the room. 
( We rented some dvd before checking in) 

Our THIRD stay, i think that says a lot about how much we adore this little hide out. 

PS: Their service is immaculate. I get my morning papers too plus free in house wifi. What's better? Royal Mail served pretty decent breakfast, if you don't feel like whipping up breakfast you may opt for their breakfast package:) 

                               


Hope our little sharing helped!
what do you do and where do you go on your staycation?

T and I will love to know!

Love,

S.


No comments:

Post a Comment